As a member of the JTB Group, JTB Global Marketing & Travel has developed a corporate philosophy focused on introducing the allure of Japan to the world by creating a multitude of valuable and meaningful experiences. While conducting business, we also strive to support global communication and the realization of a peaceful, eco-friendly society.
Based on this philosophy, our fundamental policy is to use our solution know-how nurtured as a DMC (Destination Management Company) in Japan and Asia to sincerely provide the best products with the best service for companies and events through our MICE (Meeting, Incentive, Conference and Event) business, SIT (Special Interest Tour) and package tours for overseas visitors. By continuously working to be No. 1 in terms of customer satisfaction, we strive to be fair and just in our corporate activities, place the greatest importance in earning the trust of our customers and corporate partners, and work to improve our corporate value through continuous innovation in our operations.
We see the reliable protection of personal information of our customers and others who have business with our company as indispensable in the implementation of this philosophy and fundamental policy, prompting us to enact the following:
|We have developed a personal information management system based on the JIS Q 15001 Standard, and ensured the strict adherence by management and all employees.|
|We will conduct the collection, usage, and provision of personal information following the personal information management system above legally and fairly and use personal information for work-related purposes only.|
|We will take organizational, technical, and rational preventive and corrective measures to mitigate the risk of illegal access, loss, destruction, and leak of all personal information handled by our company.|
|We will consider methods of appropriately and quickly handling any complaints or questions from individuals concerning their own personal information.|
|We will strictly follow all laws, guidelines, social norms, and public standards regarding personal information will be strictly followed.|
|Our personal information management system is regularly audited and continuously improved.|
February 27, 2007 (Established)
April 1, 2014 (Revised)
JTB Global Marketing & Travel
Hisanori Zama, President & CEO
Personal Protection Section
Phone Number: 03-5796-5400
How We Handle Personal Information
In accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act and JTB Global Marketing & Travel Personal Information Protection Policy, JTB Global Marketing & Travel (below, JTBGMT) handles and works to protect the personal information of customers as follows.
In accordance with this policy regarding the retention and management of classified information, the following party will be held accountable for overseeing the protection of this personal information.
Party Responsible for Protection of Personal Information: JTB Global Marketing & Travel, Corporate Planning and Administration Dept General Manager
1. Customer Personal Information Kept by JTBGMT
JTBGMT keeps a portion of personal information provided by customers in travel requests and other transactions as personal data.
JTBGMT also handles and stores personal information provided by third-party travel agencies (including those based overseas) when conducting business arrangements on their behalf.
2. Reasons for Use of Customer Personal Information
JTBGMT and its designated travel businesses (branches) will use personal information provided in travel purchase forms to contact customers, as well as when necessary in the performance of our travel and other services as requested by the customer, including the arrangement of transportation and accommodations (as listed in the agreement).
* In addition, JTBGMT will use customer personal information...
- - To respond to inquiries
- - To process credit card payments for products or services
- - To provide information on products, services, and campaigns offered by JTBGMT and related companies
- - To request opinions and impressions after participating in travel
- - To request participation in questionnaires
- - To offer special services
- - To create statistical data
3. Handling of Personal Information Related to Credit Cards Used for Internet Purchases
JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc. will use the personal information of customers related to credit cards used to pay for products or services over the internet.
Name of Collector of Credit Card Data
JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
Outside Consignment of Payment Processing
JTB Global Marketing & Travel consigns all operations necessary to process payments for products or services purchased via the internet by credit card to outside companies.
The personal information related to credit card data is saved for 360 days after which it is erased.
4. Sensitive Information
JTBGMT does not collect, use or provide information to third parties on political opinions, faith (religion, philosophy, or creed), race or ethnicity, lineage or place of birth, medical treatment or sexual history, or criminal history, except where permitted by law. Also, when sensitive information is collected, used, or provided to a third party, JTBGMT takes special care in its handling so as not to collect, use, or provide information in a way that is not in accordance with the law.
5. Providing Customer Personal Information to Third Parties
6. Consignment of Customer Personal Information
JTBGMT may consign personal information to complete formalities for traveling abroad as well as perform procedures necessary to provide requested travel and other services. When consigning the information, JTBGMT will choose a consignee using company standards, enter into a contract with the consignee for protecting personal information, and audit their practices to ensure the proper handling of personal information.
7. Collection and Use of Customer Personal Information
JTBGMT handles the collection and use of customer personal information as follows:
- Customers are presented with a clearly worded policy on the purpose of collection and types of use in pamphlets and travel request forms, and permission for use and collection is sought.
- If the customer does not agree, information is only collected, not used.
- When the information is provided to data storage companies or third parties, customers will be notified, and permission will be sought.
- When the customer is a minor, the permission of the customer's parent or guardian will be sought.
- Though customers are free to choose whether or not to provide any or all types of personal information when requesting travel services or information, there are instances where JTBGMT will not be able to contact the customer or complete procedures necessary to provide the requested services when some or all information is not provided, and thus will not be able to accept the requests for services from the customer.
- In order to simplify customer purchases in the future, JTBGMT and members of the JTB Group listed below may share information, but in these cases, the information will be strictly managed and stored.
- - JTB Corp.
- - JTB Hokkaido Corp.
- - JTB Tohoku Corp.
- - JTB Kanto Corp.
- - JTB Metropolitan Corp.
- - JTB Business World Tokyo Corp.
- - JTB Chubu Corp.
- - JTB Tokai Corp.
- - JTB Western Japan Corp.
- - JTB Kansai Corp.
- - JTB Chugoku Shikoku Corp.
- - JTB Kyushu Corp.
- - JTB Okinawa Corp.
- - i.JTB Corp.
- - JTB Asia Tourist Corp.
8. Joint Use of Customer Personal Information
Among the customer personal information that it has acquired, JTBGMT will jointly use names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses with the group companies below at the minimum extent necessary to contact customers. This information will be used by the group companies with responsibility remaining with JTBGMT for their own sales activities, simplification of customer orders, sending information on products, and sending purchased products.
|JTB Corp.||2-3-11 Higashi Shinagawa Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Hokkaido Corp.||Urban Net Sapporo Building, 8th Fl 6-1-2 Kita Ichijo Chuo-ku, Sapporo|
|JTB Tohoku Corp.||3F Meiji Yasuda Seimei Sendai Ichibancho Bldg, 3-7-23 Ichibancho, Aoba-ku, Sendai|
|JTB Kanto Corp.||11-2 Shin Toshin Chuo-ku, Saitama|
|JTB Metropolitan Corp.||4F IK Bldg, 2-24-9 Kamiosaki, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Business World Tokyo Corp.||26F Shinjuku Park Tower, 3-7-1 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Chubu Corp.||1-1-4 Meieki Nakamura-ku, Nagoya|
|JTB Tokai Corp.||1-1-4 Meieki Nakamura-ku, Nagoya|
|JTB Western Japan Corp.||2-1-25 Kyutaro-machi Chuo-ku, Osaka|
|JTB Kansai Corp.||2-5-10 Sonezaki Kita-ku, Osaka|
|JTB Chugoku Shikoku Corp.||7-19 Hondori Naka-ku, Hiroshima|
|JTB Kyushu Corp.||New KBC Building, 5th F; 1-1-35 Nagahama Chuo-ku, Fukuoka|
|JTB Okinawa Corp.||Shintoshin DL Bldg. 4-19-30 Omoromachi, Naha-shi, Okinawa|
|JTB Media Retailing Corp.||3F MF Bldg. 4-6-5 Kohinata, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo|
|i.JTB Corp.||2-3-11 Higashi Shinagawa Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Business Innovators Corp.||2-3-11 Higashi Shinagawa Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo|
|Travel Plaza International, Inc.||2-1-9 Tomioka Koto-ku, Tokyo|
|JTB Global Assistance, Inc.||2F, COI Nihonbashihoncho Bldg. 4-13-5, Nihonbashihoncho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo|
10. Inquiries, Release, Deletion, and Correction of Customer Personal Information
Anyone who requests that we disclose, delete or destroy, change, stop the use, or stop sharing with third parties their individual customer personal information in our possession will be provided with the necessary steps to do so by contacting the departments listed below. When requested, we will take all necessary measures as set by laws and company regulations without delay.
If we are unable to comply with all or part of your request, we will provide an explanation.
Please contact the departments below for any issues concerning personal information.
- Questions and complaints about the handling of personal information and requests for disclosure, deletion or destruction.
JTB Global Marketing & Travel, Inc., Administration Department
Address: 2-3-11 Higashi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo
Hours: 9:30-18:00 (Weekdays)
Phone: 03-5796-5400 (Not open Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, or 12/30-1/3)
- Requests for Corrections, Stop of Usage, and Stop Sharing with Third Parties
Please contact the branch at which you purchased your trip.
(Contact information is located on the copy of your application and on the contract.)
11. In Circumstances When Personal Information is Leaked
If for some reason JTBGMT personal information is disclosed, we will contact the customer immediately. If necessary, we will temporarily shut down our system to maintain security, or we may promptly announce facts about the situation publicly on our homepage.
April 1st, 2013